Even in this market, the highest offer doesn’t always win.
Sounds crazy, I know, but here are 6 reasons the highest offer doesn’t always wow the sellers and win the house.
- Buyers are inflexible on the selling timeline.
- Buyers aren’t pre-approved for a mortgage prior to making an offer.
- The highest offer has too many contingencies.
- Buyers ask for things sellers made clear weren’t for sale.
- Another offer is 100% cash with fewer contingencies.
- Buyers don’t seem personable.
Most of the time, the highest offer wins the house…but not always. In fact, sellers are free to choose whichever offer they want no ifs, ands, or buts.
Working with an agent who knows how to pick up on subtle clues from buyers AND sellers is your best bet for landing a house you love. Interested? Let’s connect. We’d love to help you find your next home.
The Harris Jarboe Group